Where to Purchase A118-C?

jbt3

Reaction score
Country
United States
After extensive research, I have decided that I would like to purchase:
  • Two A118-C for the front and rear of my car.
  • Two 32GB Class 10 SD Card, preferably the from the manufacture. I read the Transcend 32GB Class 10 SD Card was the manufacturers recommendation.
  • One GPS.
It's my understanding this unit is a Chinese product and I would like to be sure I buy from a reputable buyer with a warranty in case something is defective. In other words, I would like to provide myself the most protection against faulty equipment at the lowest cost.

Where is the best place for me to make my purchase?
Thank you! :)

Thank you both for your help.
I have one last question.

I overlooked the BlackSys CF-100. I'm not enamored with having no screen and considerably less viewing angle, but it seems to be at an excellent price point and generally does what I would like.
Any thoughts or recommendations between the BlackSys CF-100 and A118-C?

Thank you both for your help.
I have one last question.

I overlooked the BlackSys CF-100. I'm not enamored with having no screen and considerably less viewing angle, but it seems to be at an excellent price point and generally does what I would like.
Any thoughts or recommendations between the BlackSys CF-100 and A118-C?

I would stick with the A118-C unless your main need is front and rear coverage. The A118-C is a great little dash cam that is super simple to install and it takes solid quality video day and night. The CF-100 is also a nice cam, just find the setup to be a little quirky and the installation with its ball mount takes a bit more tweaking and maintenance.

Both have good and bad points, but the A118-C will match or outperform the Blacksys in every way, and having 2 cams means that one should always work even if the other fails, an advantage no integrated system can offer you.

Phil

Both have good and bad points, but the A118-C will match or outperform the Blacksys in every way, and having 2 cams means that one should always work even if the other fails, an advantage no integrated system can offer you.

Phil
I own both cf100 and a118c. Front image quality from the cf100 is hugely better than the a118c, especially at night because of the Sony image sensor in the cf. Also the cf has true parking mode for recording while parked, and the a118 doesn't have that at all.

My bad there, not sure where this old brain skipped a beat. Was thinking about a different cam I guess. Thanks for the correction :)

Phil

Thanks guys!
Everyone for the most part seems to agrees the BlackSys CF-100 is what i'm looking for, for the price point, and that's the direction i'm leaning towards now.

Spytec, since you were so helpful I'd like to purchase the BlackSys CF-100 through you.
I did not see it on your website though. :(

If I can't get the BlackSys CF-100 through Spytec...
Where should I purchase the BlackSys CF-100? Keep in mind I would like to provide myself the most protection against faulty equipment at the lowest cost.

Dashcamtalk list the following link as the place to go, but I wanted to verify this is up to date and is the best place to go.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LBQGKX8
I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again!

I own both cf100 and a118c. Front image quality from the cf100 is hugely better than the a118c, especially at night because of the Sony image sensor in the cf. ...
Would you by chance happen to have any side-by-side samples?

I found this on @Gibson99's channel

The blacksys looks a bit sharper, which could help with plates, but the A118 has a soft, slightly more pleasant image. The blacksys did move a lot, which gives me some doubts about the stability of the mount.

Thanks for that. I'd like to see side-by-side night videos. Maybe he still has come laying around and will post them.

Thanks guys!
Everyone for the most part seems to agrees the BlackSys CF-100 is what i'm looking for, for the price point, and that's the direction i'm leaning towards now.

Spytec, since you were so helpful I'd like to purchase the BlackSys CF-100 through you.
I did not see it on your website though. :(

If I can't get the BlackSys CF-100 through Spytec...
Where should I purchase the BlackSys CF-100? Keep in mind I would like to provide myself the most protection against faulty equipment at the lowest cost.

Dashcamtalk list the following link as the place to go, but I wanted to verify this is up to date and is the best place to go.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LBQGKX8
I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again!
That link looks good. Fulfilled by amazon so if there's any issues, returns are easy. Wish mine had been that cheap... I paid about 140 over a year ago. Make sure it comes with the GPS antenna. Not all of them do.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'd like to see side-by-side night videos. Maybe he still has come laying around and will post them.
I'd have to record new ones and I don't have the two mounted in the same car anymore, nor do I have time to do that. Sorry, no other side by side comparisons available.

As for the shaking during the rock hit, well yeah of course. The a118 is mounted tight against the windshield and the cf100 is on a short arm and thus has a little mass to act like a lever. During normal driving it's not an issue. Just watch any of my dashcam chronicles videos- the ones where the hood is black and has text in both bottom corners is from the cf100.

I'd have to record new ones and I don't have the two mounted in the same car anymore, nor do I have time to do that. Sorry, no other side by side comparisons available.....
I didn't think there would be - just a little wishful thinking on my part.

..Just watch any of my dashcam chronicles videos- the ones where the hood is black and has text in both bottom corners is from the cf100.
Found one done at night. Video looks pretty good, definitely better than the A118C in my wife's car at night.

How long is the cable for rear cam?

I took the plunge and purchased the BlackSys CF-100 with GPS and ordered a 64 GB Sandisk SD as an upgrade.

Thanks again everyone for all your help! :D

I don't recommend SanDisk. Not sure how it works on the blacksys but I think Transcend is much better.

I don't recommend SanDisk. Not sure how it works on the blacksys but I think Transcend is much better.
I use a sandisk card but it's one of the white ones specifically made for dashcam use. Can't recall the name of it, but you can search for a thread here called "the days of saying sandisk..." And in there I link to the card. It was $40 for a 64gb card and so far no issues with it running almost constantly since I have the camera hardwired and running in parking mode.

Edit: here's that thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-arent-suited-to-dashcams-are-now-over.10017/

How long is the cable for rear cam?
Dunno exactly but it was just barely long enough to get to the back of our 2008 Toyota sienna van, and had a couple feet to spare in our 2008 Highlander.

Back